Broken Leg Chick

Nola985

Songster
Mar 28, 2020
South Louisiana
I posted already about her foot. Now I’d like info on how long do you think she should be asleep and resting. Here’s the long story…Winni
6 days old
Copper Maran
Vet set her leg yesterday
Meds - moloxicam and antibiotics
Feeding: organic starter out in the floor near where she lays, 3 x a day- egg with Nutri Drench, Rescue Remedy, electrolytes
Rescue - no siblings or mother
In brooder with heat lamp…monitored at 95-97°. If it gets lower she screams forever.
2 mirrors hanging in brooder box and she stays snuggled under a feather duster.

She does peck at food when (WHEN) she comes out and she drinks from her water dish. It’s been a while since I had chicks so I don’t recall how much they sleep or rest. I know her case is a bit different because of the leg. Also the wrap seems a bit heavy because she falls over a lot and she’s super tiny. With all of this, I’m just wondering how long should I expect her to be up and about. She comes out on her own about 3 times a day. Other than that I go get her and put her water out. She always drinks. And I sprinkle food in front of her and she pecks. I can in today and saw her head peeking out from the duster and she was eating. Your thoughts?

and NO I am not euthanasing her. I will give her every fighting chance.

Can I see a picture of the broken leg splint?
I posted already about her foot. Now I’d like info on how long do you think she should be asleep and resting. Here’s the long story…Winni
6 days old
Copper Maran
Vet set her leg yesterday
Meds - moloxicam and antibiotics
Feeding: organic starter out in the floor near where she lays, 3 x a day- egg with Nutri Drench, Rescue Remedy, electrolytes
Rescue - no siblings or mother
In brooder with heat lamp…monitored at 95-97°. If it gets lower she screams forever.
2 mirrors hanging in brooder box and she stays snuggled under a feather duster.

She does peck at food when (WHEN) she comes out and she drinks from her water dish. It’s been a while since I had chicks so I don’t recall how much they sleep or rest. I know her case is a bit different because of the leg. Also the wrap seems a bit heavy because she falls over a lot and she’s super tiny. With all of this, I’m just wondering how long should I expect her to be up and about. She comes out on her own about 3 times a day. Other than that I go get her and put her water out. She always drinks. And I sprinkle food in front of her and she pecks. I can in today and saw her head peeking out from the duster and she was eating. Your thoughts?

and NO I am not euthanasing her. I will give her every fighting chance.
picture of the

Back
Top Bottom