Broken leg? HELP!

featheredegg

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2016
Mass
had my flock two years..... devastated fox got them...... Two days later one of my girls appears standing at the coupe wounded. 1.) wound is healing. 2.) LEG BRoke. She is limping, she can stand but not walk:(....... I can see the bone on her back displaced. Anything I can do please help.

Attachments

• 7410E4D6-C803-45AD-80B5-5D2343FEFA79.jpeg
    7410E4D6-C803-45AD-80B5-5D2343FEFA79.jpeg
    449.9 KB · Views: 7
  • B1921E0A-DC80-48EC-B46E-62E1C3DC08A8.jpeg
    B1921E0A-DC80-48EC-B46E-62E1C3DC08A8.jpeg
    489.7 KB · Views: 7
If you can see that the bone is displaced, you will have to get it set back correctly, if you don't get it right, she will always have issues, likely she would not be able to walk properly, certainly not run from danger etc, that bone cannot stay displaced, either you need to put it back where it belongs if you know what you're doing or take her to the vet. After the bone is where it belongs, then you can and definitely should splint it. Don't let it go too long or that bone will begin to heal as is and cause the issues. Is her back broken also or just has a vertebrae out of alignment? I really can't tell the injuries from the pictures. Her back is related to her being able to walk also, that needs to be set back correctly as well or she could end up being a predator victim.

Last edited:
Update and thank you for getting back to me! She is doing well she lumps but I believe would be better when she has more free range. I still can not orient her back to the flock yet. I tried sadly they picked open her almost close wound even through spa so grip and an inc layer of aquaphor. But she’s hanging in their!

Back
Top Bottom