Bromelian Killed My Beloved Rooster : Yellow Urates Mystery Solved

I'm nearly as devastated as you are. It seems I've been involved a lot with these two roosters of yours. I feel this loss deeply.

Thank you for having the courage to share this with others here. When they do a search for "yellow urates" this thread will come up and hopefully help others to avoid this heavy heartache.

I'm so very, very sorry TeeTee is gone.

I'm nearly as devastated as you are. It seems I've been involved a lot with these two roosters of yours. I feel this loss deeply.

Thank you for having the courage to share this with others here. When they do a search for "yellow urates" this thread will come up and hopefully help others to avoid this heavy heartache.

I'm so very, very sorry TeeTee is gone.
Thank you so much for your words he will feel your love above 😔

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your beloved boy! Like Eggcessive, I've never heard of the medication you gave, but it seems that it caused (or made worse) internal bleeding, speeding his death.

If we keep chickens long enough, we are ALL going to lose some. We have... :-(

Right now, I'm trying to raise money for Peanut's expensive treatment at NC State's Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh, NC via a GoFundMe page. She ingested LOTS of metal, and she's on borrowed time. She goes to Raleigh next week for two procedures: 1) endoscopic procedure to remove the metal, 2) chelation therapy to remove the absorbed metal in her body.

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your beloved boy! Like Eggcessive, I've never heard of the medication you gave, but it seems that it caused (or made worse) internal bleeding, speeding his death.

If we keep chickens long enough, we are ALL going to lose some. We have... :-(

Right now, I'm trying to raise money for Peanut's expensive treatment at NC State's Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh, NC via a GoFundMe page. She ingested LOTS of metal, and she's on borrowed time. She goes to Raleigh next week for two procedures: 1) endoscopic procedure to remove the metal, 2) chelation therapy to remove the absorbed metal in her body.
My rooster also having same kind of urates in his poop since 3 weeks but yesterday when some senior vets confirm that not yellow urine /. Urates confirm its liver then it's not yellow urates in my case was a "Acidic" environment in the system which clear the yellow urates they give Sucralfate to him Double Strength And his urates started coming all white like earlier .
Sucralfate is an anti acid I guess it's just like human digene or any anti acid suspension .
Maybe your hen also not having any liver issue except the lead toxicity .

The vet in the hospital says when liver or pancreatic involvement comes in illness the poop either comes all.white , Grey , or the urates will be Slate Green In Color .

In heavy metal toxicity the urates turn brown or red . I hope your hen will recover we all our chickens and we all try our best to save them

Some times only a small mistake gives a huge lesson 😔

@Saaniya I am so very sorry to hear about TeeTee:hugs Such a sweet boy who was so loved❤️

I too feel the loss, we have spoken many times about TeeTee and TooToo.

Thank you for sharing this information with us. I have not heard of Bromelain either, but your heartbreak and cautionary tale will hopefully lead others to do more research before administering treatments.

Back
Top Bottom