Bronze White Eyed- potential offspring question

Record keeping is very important. When you buy a bird from Spring Creek Peafowl you can tell me years later what band number your bird is and I can tell you what the parents were and possibly the grandparents too.
I wish all did that. I bought a hen from a lady that she bought from a big breeder. I Contacted that breeder gave them the wing band info. He said no they don't keep info that they have too many birds to be keeping info. In my mind umm why band them then,.. ugh. The hen has spalding but that's all I know. 😔
I really wanted to know what she comes from.

I wish all did that. I bought a hen from a lady that she bought from a big breeder. I Contacted that breeder gave them the wing band info. He said no they don't keep info that they have too many birds to be keeping info. In my mind umm why band them then,.. ugh. The hen has spalding but that's all I know. 😔
I really wanted to know what she comes from.
I know. I wanted some more info on some pretty expensive birds and I got the same story. That is probably why I am so adamant about the records. Plus we can track how the breeders are performing.

Really appreciate that you keep good records like that. Like you and others have said, everything is so mixed together now. I've figured out I should pretty much get Bronze White Eyeds and possibly a few Bronze Silver Pieds from my pair of birds. Maybe I am one of the odd people who really hopes nothing else pops up.LOL

Back
Top Bottom