Brooder cleaning frequency?

I must be the exception! Lol. First two days they are on puppy pads that get changed daily. Then moved to the dog kennel with shavings. Mine have been in there about a week, and I haven’t had to clean yet. Friday or Sat I will add more shavings. I check food and water daily, and dump water and replace with clean water each night. As @Hip Hillbilly Acres said, mine is up on blocks so it usually only has a few shavings in it. Starting this weekend, they’ll be in the run (enclosed) during the day for look no touch, and in the crate at night to sleep. I’ll move the crate into the coop once they don’t need a heat source, until they are integrated fully.

I must be the exception! Lol. First two days they are on puppy pads that get changed daily. Then moved to the dog kennel with shavings. Mine have been in there about a week, and I haven’t had to clean yet. Friday or Sat I will add more shavings. I check food and water daily, and dump water and replace with clean water each night. As @Hip Hillbilly Acres said, mine is up on blocks so it usually only has a few shavings in it. Starting this weekend, they’ll be in the run (enclosed) during the day for look no touch, and in the crate at night to sleep. I’ll move the crate into the coop once they don’t need a heat source, until they are integrated fully.
Our 4 wk olds have been transferred to a smaller kennel and taken down to the nursery run for supervised free play time, several times over the last 2 weeks for a few hours. I have a 4-day weekend this weekend, so we are going for full days.

Back
Top Bottom