Brooder supplies

Don't bother with the Extra Large or Large. The large is actually a touch SMALLER in terms of floor space. Extra Large only gives 6" longer- like the width of your hand plus a couple inches. They're just TALLER..
Yeah, I found that out. Improbably gonna put them in the coop after 4 weeks. If they're in the coop... should they have access to the run when there still chicks?

@Shezadandy here's my brooder supplies so far 1610600837215.png
I'm skipping out on the corid until I get confirmation from the feed store of if they vaccinate against coccidiosis or not

Sadly my family eventually decided we are going with the Palace Chicken Coop. Trust me... I've tried to change their mind. I know sooner or later I'm gonna have to build a bigger coop!

That's not the end of the world. I would increase the roof overhangs on all four sides to at least 24" out from the structure itself, again, all sides. Assuming the roof is going to be metal - which is really light- makes it easy to expand. The bigger you make the roof overhangs, the longer your structure will last- and also - having a dry place to stand while you open and close the door is a lot bigger deal than you might imagine.

Most don't vaccinate for coccidiosis - they are vaccinated for Mareks though.
Welp time to add that onto the shopping cart again. Question: if I get a brooder plate and one day my power gets cut. In the like 5 seconds it takes for our generator to turn on... will the brooder plate turn back on too? Or would I have to turn it on again?

That's not the end of the world. I would increase the roof overhangs on all four sides to at least 24" out from the structure itself, again, all sides. Assuming the roof is going to be metal - which is really light- makes it easy to expand. The bigger you make the roof overhangs, the longer your structure will last- and also - having a dry place to stand while you open and close the door is a lot bigger deal than you might imagine.
Would I just extend the metal... or the whole roof?

Back
Top Bottom