Ended Broodies and Their Babies Photo Contest

Pics
Not an entry.
Magpie wasn't technically a broody, but he loved "his" chicks.
View attachment 3093982
That is so cute! My mama hen stopped being involved with her chicks after a couple weeks. My roo (not even the dad rooster!) and the chicks are best buds though. They love hanging out together.

Not being the broody mama, I know this can't count as an entry, but he is a wonderful broody parental figure, lol.
Screenshot_20220510-071300_Gallery.jpg

Adorable!! My game hens love to go broody and were it not for their instinct to be territorial I think one could categorize them as the best moms there are, but...
Some have no problem with other hens with chicks being close by but some don't like it; so everyonce in a while our chicks get caught in the crossfire (the only thing that exasperates me of them).
I've had hens scare off hawks by flying after them, just love that some do that 🥰.
Yes, I have been keeping a close eye on them because I have had hens before that started fighting over the chicks after they hatched. So far so good with this group though. Actually a fifth hen joined them today in looking after the chicks! She didn’t even sit on the eggs but she is letting the chicks climb all over her!

Yes, I have been keeping a close eye on them because I have had hens before that started fighting over the chicks after they hatched. So far so good with this group though. Actually a fifth hen joined them today in looking after the chicks! She didn’t even sit on the eggs but she is letting the chicks climb all over her!
I have two like that. I call them chicken thieves. They let the other hens do the work, and then they run off with the chicks. 🤣 I'm pretty sure the mama hens are thinking "thank you Jesus!"

Back
Top Bottom