Broodies for Christmas - An incubation (/chat) thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
It is a hen from a few years ago. The breed is called a Orust. Imported from Sweden. I obtained the breed from green fire farms in Florida. The females are personable, but the alpha males were a bit agressive. (Have scars). Overall thr eggs were small but tasty and densely packed! It was their instinct that i adored. Since then ie cross bred. Only have one true orust left.
Thanks for asking!
Heres a pic of the great grandson crossbred.

Who is the pretty girl in your avatar? Nice picture!

Attachments

• 20191226_100710.jpg
    20191226_100710.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
It is a hen from a few years ago. The breed is called a Orust. Imported from Sweden. I obtained the breed from green fire farms in Florida. The females are personable, but the alpha males were a bit agressive. (Have scars). Overall thr eggs were small but tasty and densely packed! It was their instinct that i adored. Since then ie cross bred. Only have one true orust left.
Thanks for asking!

Gorgeous rooster! Thanks for sharing a picture :)

Thanks for asking!
He’s beautiful:love

How is your Crele Orpington Project going? Are your youngest babies still going strong?
It's on pause for the moment. Getting new chicks in the spring to continue the project.
Babies are doing great, just moved them in the adult coop yesterday.
Here they are, the male is going to be culled.
1212191448.jpg
1212191450.jpg

O excellent! . What type of cross breeding goals are you trying to attain. I really like the mixture of a maran and a game fowl I really like how he stands. And I definitely like the white legs.
Going to use him for Non-Fighting Muff GameFowl project because he's a big baby type roo.

I’ll be wishing you luck!
Thank you. I'll post the babies when I get started on the project.
The odd weather tricked my JungleFowl into thinking it's spring, I believe they laid their first eggs yesterday. I got so many eggs from the banty coop, they just had to of laid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom