Broodies on eggs? Broodies with babies? Post here.

update on gracie. i am hoping as well that when i get home there will be a couple of fuzzy heads peeking out
fl.gif
:fl
today is day 21 and yes it has been a long 3 weeks . hopefuly there won't be a repeat of yesterdays desaster
th.gif

Well update on my muscovy hen, well she has alot of eggs that are "cracked" , like the side of the shell is cracked but the membrane isnt...
he.gif
today is day 35, and I am hoping for a duckling today.

I am worried though because none have hatched yet and yesterday afternoon was when I saw the first "crack"
th.gif

Is this normal for duck eggs? Is this just the pre-pip?

I am worried about humidity and everything else, do you think the eggs will be okay? I dont want to try to help when I def. dont need to.
sickbyc.gif

Thanks!

-Austin

We have chicks!!!!!
wee.gif
:
woot.gif
jumpy.gif

We have 6 chicks and 4 more pips that I hope will hatch. There are two eggs that have not pipped. Today is day 21.

We had:
1 Americauna egg - it hatched. Very cute little chickie!!
1 mutt egg from a sex link pair - pipped
10 GC Marans - 5 hatched, 3 pipped, 2 quiet

The SurPriSe!!
ya.gif
is that one of the "Marans" seems to be really light cream colored with puffy cheeks, feathers on its legs and 5 toes!!! Hmm. Melissa, did you sneak a Salmon Faverolle egg in???
idunno.gif
All the eggs were dark. Don't know how that happened.

There is definitely a Marans rooster. His name is General Mustard. The other 3 have been hard to see. I can't get mom to move.

I have pics and video! Have to upload video to youtube and will post later. don't miss it, though. Interesting behavior!! Mom helps the babies hatch and eats the egg shell bits and membranes.

Penny with zipped egg.
19636_100_7802.jpg

Salmon Faverolle???
19636_100_7809.jpg

General Mustard
19636_100_7810.jpg

GC Marans pullet
19636_100_7814.jpg

Momma and Baby!!
19636_100_7815.jpg

19636_100_7817.jpg

edited to make pics larger

Last edited:
Yeah! I finally have two silkies setting. One is on 12 ee bantams and the other has 7 ee's and 4 silkies. And I have five silkies yet to set! my silkies are all first time pullets this year. their dad was white and their moms wrer partridge and white. Two hens are white with red streaks on the breast,four are light to dark partridge,one is almost black.

Congrats!!!! I still got nuthin but a nestful of un-hatching eggs
hit.gif
She's still sitting though and maybe tomorrow I'll go out and candle them again. She booted one out of the nest and when another hen jumped in to share or lay, it got cracked. I opened it and it wasn't developing at all. I'm experiencing this through your pics so keep 'em coming!!!!

Back
Top Bottom