Ended Broodies & Their Babies Photo Contest

Pics
Mr. Biggs, Salina, and their babies
20230611_181223.jpg

Thank you. I can't take credit. My daughter bought her so Mr. Biggs would have company. She is a backyard mix. I was told she has Ayam cemani, silkie, and oegb in her. She is turning out to be a wonderful broody.
Wow, I definitely see the Old English Game in her and the Silkie in the face. What a lovely mix. Is the chicks her's and Mr. Biggs' offspring, or are they eggs from a different flock?

Wow, I definitely see the Old English Game in her and the Silkie in the face. What a lovely mix. Is the chicks her's and Mr. Biggs' offspring, or are they eggs from a different flock?
The light colored chicks are her's with Biggs. The dark chicks are Biggs with Melinda, the mottled cochin hen, and Falina, a ayam cemani &silkie mix.
I gave Salina & Melinda 13 eggs. Between the two of them, they hatched out 100% of the eggs.
Salina hatched 8 and Melinda 5, but somehow they ended up with a 7/6 split by the second day.
Not an entry
Melinda
20230607_114712.jpg

The light colored chicks are her's with Biggs. The dark chicks are Biggs with Melinda, the mottled cochin hen, and Falina, a ayam cemani &silkie mix.
I gave Salina & Melinda 13 eggs. Between the two of them, they hatched out 100% of the eggs.
Salina hatched 8 and Melinda 5, but somehow they ended up with a 7/6 split by the second day.
Not an entry
Melinda
View attachment 3539742
That's a good hatch right. Oh, how funny! Did one of them exchange chicks or something?

That's a good hatch right. Oh, how funny! Did one of them exchange chicks or something?
They exchanged several times. They started with Selina 2 light colored chicks and 6 dark chicks, Melinda 3 light chicks and 2 dark ones. Then Selina took all the light ones and had 1 dark. Melinda had all dark.
Now Selina has 3 light chicks and 4 dark, Melinda has 2 light and 4 dark. I think they are settled now.

Back
Top Bottom