Ended Broodies & Their Babies Photo Contest

Pics
I freshly laid egg doesn't have an air cell, resting them allows the egg to dry out a little and develop the cell.

Ok. I was thinking tomorrow would be the last collection day, and during the night (so around 12 hours after the last collected egg) I was going to set them. The humidity is too high though, so I might need to wait a little longer. Are 12 hours enough, or should I stop at today's eggs?

Ok. I was thinking tomorrow would be the last collection day, and during the night (so around 12 hours after the last collected egg) I was going to set them. The humidity is too high though, so I might need to wait a little longer. Are 12 hours enough, or should I stop at today's eggs?
It's up to you on egg collection, you still have time to wait, your other eggs are still good. 24 hours before setting, get the machine going, never set eggs in a cold machine. After 24 hours temp and humidity will have settled and you can set the eggs. Humidity should be around 40%, give or take a few. The day you set is considered day 1.

It's up to you on egg collection, you still have time to wait, your other eggs are still good. 24 hours before setting, get the machine going, never set eggs in a cold machine. After 24 hours temp and humidity will have settled and you can set the eggs. Humidity should be around 40%, give or take a few. The day you set is considered day 1.

OK. I've started the incubator already, but it'll probably not be ready by tomorrow, since the humidity read 65 the last time I checked! (I put in too much water). The incubator says the temperature should be between 50-60%🫠

OK. I've started the incubator already, but it'll probably not be ready by tomorrow, since the humidity read 65 the last time I checked! (I put in too much water). The incubator says the temperature should be between 50-60%🫠
It's humid enough around here that I add no water at all. Only at lockdown. You can try that.

Let's take this over to the LGBTQ thread or you can start a thread in our Incubation forums. We are gonna get kicked off this one soon for hijacking it. :lau

Humidity will stay wild until 24 hours after setting eggs, so for now don't worry about the Humidity.

Let's take this over to the LGBTQ thread or you can start a thread in our Incubation forums. We are gonna get kicked off this one soon for hijacking it. :lau

Humidity will stay wild until 24 hours after setting eggs, so for now don't worry about the Humidity.
I was actually enjoying the read and learned something new out of your conversation. :D

(Thank you for being considerate and taking it elsewhere though. :hugs )

Back
Top Bottom