Brooding my chicks in a TENT! 🐥

BRO! It's totally possible - as long as you have the space! My spare bedroom isn't being used, and didn't really have any furniture in it, so setting up the 8x8 tent there was super easy (just make sure the tent has LOTS of ventilation). In my first post here, I describe the steps I took from the first days I had them (keeping them in a smaller area within the tent, on paper towels layered over bed pads, for a couple days while they got used to eating and drinking, and their heat source), and then I put a couple inches hemp bedding on the bottom of the entire tent and let them into the whole thing! It's been great!

If you have specific questions feel free to ask away. :)

Thanks! It's working out really well so far. I'll be keeping this thread updated as they grow to document whether I still like it as much in several weeks, lol. 😅
Definitely! I usually keep my chicks in my bathtub but I like this idea because they get more room to move around!

Ah, if only I had a spare room to put a tent in! I've always kind of liked this idea!

Last year, I used a soft-sided puppy playpen for my chicks which worked out amazingly... until the chicks were a little older and started to eat the fabric at the seams. :th So my only word of caution here is to keep a close eye on the seams for any fraying and make sure that your chicks don't have access to threads from it. It's no fun trying to cut off a thread that got tangled on the tongue of a squirmy chick!

Ah, if only I had a spare room to put a tent in! I've always kind of liked this idea!

Last year, I used a soft-sided puppy playpen for my chicks which worked out amazingly... until the chicks were a little older and started to eat the fabric at the seams. :th So my only word of caution here is to keep a close eye on the seams for any fraying and make sure that your chicks don't have access to threads from it. It's no fun trying to cut off a thread that got tangled on the tongue of a squirmy chick!
Good advice, thank you! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that! For now, I have a cardboard "wall" around the entire inside of the bottom of the tent, so I'm hoping that will deter them from picking at the walls of it. However, I'm not sure how effective my "walls" will be as they get older! 😅

Back
Top Bottom