Broody anyone?? check out this ad

RockyToggRanch

Songster
11 Years
May 22, 2008
Upstate NY
This is on the local craig's list. It made me laugh.
Setting Hens (Greene)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-04-17, 12:10PM EDT

I have MANY hens that just won't stop setting. A hen will go missing and show up 21 days later with quite a few babies. I already have more than I want and am willing to sell a few that just won't stop. They are free range and big, fat, girls. They are the daughters of daughters etc so I can't tell you exactly what breed they are. Our first flock consisted of Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, Black Jersey Giants, Aracaunas, and Dominicks. They were here 7 years ago and one of them liked setting so we let her. Big mistake, now all the generations after her are setters. You may want a hen that will set for you but having 35 hens that all want to set it a little bit much. Please let me know if you would like one or two of these. Thank you

Too Funny
lol.png

Agh... this is my first post. I just got three chinese silkies on wed from mailorder. one was dead, and the other died last night. Now i have 1 lonely chic that cried herself to sleep last night. (seriously). It will take 3 more weeks to mail order new ones. Can you help me out with ANY bantam variety at least one so my little chic is not lonely.
Thank you colette

where are you from? there is a chickenstock in ct this sunday where there will be birds of all ages up for sale/trade. if not close check the chickenstock threat for one in your area.
good luck. i feel so bad for your little one. give her lots of attention until you can fugure something out.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom