Broody Ayam Cemani

Lol. The iridescent makes him even more beautiful!! Are Ayams on the smaller side, typically? Like, smaller than Barred Rocks and breeds like that?
I've only had mine since the end of summer, beginning of fall. But yes, they are bigger than bantams but smaller than standards.
And fast as lighting! I absolutely love watching them. And they get along well with the rest of my birds too.
:love

Here are her brothers:
View attachment 1219863

View attachment 1219866
Some color leakage, and bad fibro expression, but I am working on culling that out next spring.

It will take seriously ruthless culling, but it is definitely doable! I started with very similar and 3 generations led to this...

20170701_003907.jpg

If it wasn't for decorating skills, (HAL contest related) I wouldn't have Ayams! I have two Ayam roosters, and two Dominique's :)

Just holler if you need help... I know Pyxis has offered already, but couldn't hurt to have extra brains to pick... or related, but different bred lines to access... ;)

It will take seriously ruthless culling, but it is definitely doable! I started with very similar and 3 generations led to this...

View attachment 1219891

Just holler if you need help... I know Pyxis has offered already, but couldn't hurt to have extra brains to pick... or related, but different bred lines to access... ;)
I see where my fella gets some of his looks! :love
If it hadn't been for Ravyn, I wouldn't have mine. I got culls from her and they are beautiful! She gave me a fantastic head start on the breed!
:celebrate

View attachment 1219891

Oh my goodness! Your AC's are absolutely perfect! :love Okay, will do! :highfive: Do you sell AC eggs?

View attachment 1220339 Here is my best pic of "Satchmo". He used to be solid black (comb and wattles included) I noticed one white feather on his neck, and as he got older his comb and wattles became more purple.

When they hit maturity is when they redden up in the face if they're going to, so that's why he was all black until he started to mature.

I know you've already seen Panic, but just because, here he is:

P_MRxj4hYIR_d6shHVIwHkT8ue8ddzK2L1wiArJxv93qYblbOWWpp2ReBw2brmTbd5KqmZfZA8kKQl5fsQmxJE8u0gYQxdjbySHxIej9UQNanN8SPzz-VfM4Hv0txCoCHdFVDeLre6FmNFMq1JHCQAHlI5wsT_DiEcbnM1gZat-f4zrOPIbVXeeIdzPIZlsDutrlp_cFTgsEt7LxuIzISvRh8pyngel4g0NAajCpyoqAjNq0hCZZZrlKwyRsQeun8rCjoNxRvCGXmk_LCN13XAhDH1BBye8HMn6Aczq1BI6rgdgGy3yPHHCnPy3DqNP61FWlXS1BRhyvh0o9cxI8hvmT15Ice3H_k-eh7zypFM0q6_dUsPGpRdUZdpsJdU9Ixgk7P8wx8aBdaXvhOyR3OUp_kG3EO155P-PmlSkAzmE_ApVN-UQWkbSCxDfKkC8AO9eTscAdc0F9E73EFnlIc_P0Zt7BL1ha_a0tbcbvk5qFTHtG8i-YCaRPkyJD4ro5ZPQAwZRr7P2WY92iMMC0UKHhHHf86QZ_6k-n8DwFXm0M5MH0owaDPcGcn48ianj5Xo2GCqs7HGdrlfCKy9LKUUczbsTe9NQKFp5T3aY=w993-h662-no

Oh my goodness! Your AC's are absolutely perfect! :love Okay, will do! :highfive: Do you sell AC eggs?

Thanks, but not perfect, lol... still have light mouths to work on... ;)

I do sell eggs, when they're laying... so does Pyxis... ;)

Did you get yours from @Ravynscroft?

Yes, she did... I gave her a bunch of ones I culled, many just because I have raised the culling bar more and moved further ahead so they were no longer needed... they need work, but she has some good ones to start with...

View attachment 1220339 Here is my best pic of "Satchmo". He used to be solid black (comb and wattles included) I noticed one white feather on his neck, and as he got older his comb and wattles became more purple.

So both have leakage then? Just fyi, they will pass that on to their offspring... pullets will hide leakage but carry it, further passing it on... if you hatch from them, I suggest only keeping males, growing them out to weed out leakage, then breeding one clean one back to current hens...

When they hit maturity is when they redden up in the face if they're going to, so that's why he was all black until he started to mature.

I know you've already seen Panic, but just because, here he is:

P_MRxj4hYIR_d6shHVIwHkT8ue8ddzK2L1wiArJxv93qYblbOWWpp2ReBw2brmTbd5KqmZfZA8kKQl5fsQmxJE8u0gYQxdjbySHxIej9UQNanN8SPzz-VfM4Hv0txCoCHdFVDeLre6FmNFMq1JHCQAHlI5wsT_DiEcbnM1gZat-f4zrOPIbVXeeIdzPIZlsDutrlp_cFTgsEt7LxuIzISvRh8pyngel4g0NAajCpyoqAjNq0hCZZZrlKwyRsQeun8rCjoNxRvCGXmk_LCN13XAhDH1BBye8HMn6Aczq1BI6rgdgGy3yPHHCnPy3DqNP61FWlXS1BRhyvh0o9cxI8hvmT15Ice3H_k-eh7zypFM0q6_dUsPGpRdUZdpsJdU9Ixgk7P8wx8aBdaXvhOyR3OUp_kG3EO155P-PmlSkAzmE_ApVN-UQWkbSCxDfKkC8AO9eTscAdc0F9E73EFnlIc_P0Zt7BL1ha_a0tbcbvk5qFTHtG8i-YCaRPkyJD4ro5ZPQAwZRr7P2WY92iMMC0UKHhHHf86QZ_6k-n8DwFXm0M5MH0owaDPcGcn48ianj5Xo2GCqs7HGdrlfCKy9LKUUczbsTe9NQKFp5T3aY=w993-h662-no

X2

And Panic! :love :love

Back
Top Bottom