1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broody Bald Eagle

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kbarrett, Feb 21, 2015.

1. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    I posted a link last year to a Pennsylvania Game commission cam set up on a bald eagle nest in the Pittsburgh, PA area. The pair is back and have 2 eggs so far. It's evidently snowing in Pittsburgh today...

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/hays-bald-eagle-cam/

2. Jedwards

Jedwards Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    Berks County, PA
    Now there's dedication! The snow isn't hitting here until 1 lol

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Oh boy, I'm a little Bald Eagle obsessed right now. There are so many nest cams now, its so cool. I came to the Random Rambling section to start a thread about the Bald Eagles that are nesting on my property. Those nest cameras help me imagine what the resident Eagles are doing up there in their nest.

4. kbarrett

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    Hi Jedwards, we're neighbors, I'm near Bethel. NOT looking forward to the snow coming but near 40 degrees tomorrow will feel like a heat wave!

I only came across this cam after they hatched their eaglets last year, I'm glad I tried the link this morning. According to an article from their site she laid 1 egg on Tuesday and the other one yesterday. I think their coverage with the camera is great, it's just so amazing to be able to observe them so well. My son & I saw one on New Years Day sitting in a tree up by Strausstown.

5. kbarrett

Nov 12, 2007
    PA

I'm jealous! I would also be bald eagle obsessed if I had a pair living on my property !!! I've only seen them in my area a handful of times, the last time being the one we saw last month. We actually turned around and went back. On the way back down the hill I saw a different large bird with no white. I am assuming that was a juvenile sitting a few trees over. We managed to snap some iPhone pics which aren't great. I've taken to bringing my good camera with anytime we head over that way.

6. Jedwards

Jedwards Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    Berks County, PA
    I'm excited for 40 degrees after the past two weeks! it's white out conditions right now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by