Broody bantams on goose eggs!--we have GOSLINGS!!!

I may need insulin before too long, after seeing these photos. I have two goslings with no mama but me right now, and I have been amazed at how rapidly they grow! Biscuit and Chiquita are such good mommies!
love.gif

The goslings are 3 weeks old now and growing enormous! I have listed them for sale now https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=548283 as I think their foster moms are almost ready to return to their lives as chickens. But they are still dutifully tending to their big babies. The goslings are growing white down that is visable through their yellow fuzz.

Biscuit and her baby ganders:
7277_big_geebies_005.jpg

7277_big_geebies_010.jpg

Chiquita and her big baby girl:
7277_big_geebies_015.jpg

7277_big_geebies_016.jpg

It is funny to see these little hens leading their big babies around, bluck-bluk-blucking all the way, scratching in the ground and calling them over to eat. And funny to see the goslings peeping and following their tiny foster mommies around, running to catch up with tiny wing flaps outstretched.

Thank you for posting what breed Chiquita is!! I had been trying to figure out what my Queen Bee was for the longest! And I just got a bunch of ducklings in that I plan to breed in the Spring!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom