Broody Bantie been sitting on eggs for 25 days

liontamer

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 20, 2012
Hi, my Bantie has been sitting on eggs for 25 days now. She started with 6 and hatched 1 on day 22 and one on day 23 but nothing since, however there is a gentle pipping and chirping coming from 2 of the remaining four eggs. How much longer does anyone think it will be? I am looking at advice from the internet and it says leave them for 28 days. I am not going to crack the eggs myself, but am curious and excited as this is my first hatch using a broody bantam. Any tips and advice would be fab. Thanks

Hi, this is my first time hatching eggs and I am using my broody bantie Elsie. She hatched a hamburg splash egg on day 22 and another on day 23. The other eggs are another splash and 3 small brown mixed breed ones. Its now day 25 and two of the brown eggs are occasionaly pipping quietly and cheeping but no cracked shells yet. I am excited and hope I get another few chicks

I Don't like to Take Eggs from a Broody Hen until she starts to walk away from them a lot or push them out of her nest and I am REALLY certain no chance of Hatching.. I spoil my Broody Hens and let them have their way for fear of making them upset and nervous.. I figure they give so much of them selves they should get to decide when its time to kick out the eggs <3

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
frow.gif

Let her sit on the nest until she is ready to leave, she can tell that there are chicks to come yet.

Back
Top Bottom