Broody, Broody, who has a Broody

I have one broody hen, not sure what breed she is. Maybe someone else could tell me? She is quite large, is all black except for a gray ring around her neck. hmmmmm.... Anyway, I placed some EE eggs under her on the 2nd of May and I got to candle a few tonight. I had placed 14 EE eggs under her and I got to candle about 5 or 6 of them. Out of the ones I candled,only one was fertile and growing well. Should I removed all of the infertile ones? Or should I just leave her alone and let her do her thing?

Quote:
I think it's kinda too early to tell yet. I would give them another week or so, just to make sure. Good luck
big_smile.png

Quote:
I think it's kinda too early to tell yet. I would give them another week or so, just to make sure. Good luck
big_smile.png

Ok thanks,but all I can see in those eggs is the yolk floating around. The "good" egg has veins and an embryo. But I will wait.

I have a broody buff orp. I didn't know they started this at 9 months old. Shes a regular booger head too. All puffy and growling at anything that moves in front of her. I have to wear gloves to collect eggs from others that she is laying on. We don't have a rooster older then 8 weeks, so no chance of anything hatching. I have to admit the growling is kind of amusing.

Back
Top Bottom