Broody chickens

I would lovvvee to see my rooster do that lol. I trust you thx for your time ill be here tomorow mornin or afternoon k
I can describe process later where you can get it to happen while you have a recorder handy. The you can take a more realistic video. Mine was inside a science center that was obviously not where normal people keep chickens.

I have a question for u

if your broody chicken poops on your eggs do you

A= leave the eggs
B= clean them with a dry cloth
C= wash them with warm water

oh, well most people like to wash their dirty eggs with warm water that will not hert the bloom on the egg its probebly the best but thats my opinion cleaning it with a dry cloth is also okay . Cool !!

oh, well most people like to wash their dirty eggs with warm water that will not hert the bloom on the egg its probebly the best but thats my opinion cleaning it with a dry cloth is also okay . Cool !!
I do it in that manner mostly when hen expected to incubate and brood. Eggs collected for incubator only in nest for about a day at most. Especially when cold.

yea, im doing an experiment how to hatch out eggs without a broody hen or an incubator
or light so i can help the people that cant afford an incubator !!!!!! ill let you know if anything happens

My rooster and older cockerels do this. It’s so cute, they dig around in the nest and then sit with chest to the ground and purr. Then once a hen or pullet goes in he will stand outside the box like on guard.
I find all my hens have different temperaments when broody. Usually my silkies grumble a little when I take eggs, some lightly peck me when hand comes near, I had one serama hen that would start screeching as soon as she saw feet cross the threshold of the broody end of the coop. I pay close attention to how a broody acts and only allow broodies with good temperament hatch eggs so I can interact with the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom