Broody/chicks question

Mvan42

Crowing
5 Years
Mar 15, 2019
Garrett County, Maryland
I feel like a crazy person I have posted so may questions in the past month or so. But here is another.

I have a broody with 3 chicks(found homes for 8) kept these three. (1week old). I also have 5 I hatched (3weeks old).

I am thinking it’s not going to work. But would the broody take the older ones, I know the younger the better. I also know they may pick on the smaller ones.

If I introduce them could it work

I feel like a crazy person I have posted so may questions in the past month or so. But here is another.

I have a broody with 3 chicks(found homes for 8) kept these three. (1week old). I also have 5 I hatched (3weeks old).

I am thinking it’s not going to work. But would the broody take the older ones, I know the younger the better. I also know they may pick on the smaller ones.

That's the thing,,,, one never knows/ Nothing ventured nothing gained. I would slip the older chicks one at a time. When Hen is asleep in behind her. I dont think it will work. But stranger things have happened. I've had weird things happen, sad things, miraculous things. There are no hard or fast rules to this chicken business IMHO
:love good luck

3 week old chicks in Maryland shouldn’t even need a broody? They should be off heat in this weather I would think. Mine are 6 weeks old now and were off heat in April with overnights in the 50s at 3 weeks old..

3 week old chicks in Maryland shouldn’t even need a broody? They should be off heat in this weather I would think. Mine are 6 weeks old now and were off heat in April with overnights in the 50s at 3 weeks old..
It’s not really for the broody part it’s mainly to give them more room , they are in a dog kennel right now. We are in the final stage of building a bigger coop. But still have things to do

Back
Top Bottom