Broody duck not getting off nest

Mamabear28

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2017
South Georgia
She uselly gets off to eat for a bit but for the first time today she wouldn't getoff to eat i even went over to her waving at her and she ignored me xD idk when she starting sitting since i didn't see the nest at all. Dose this mean the eggs are close to hatching? How long should i wait before i start worrying about her eating? She pretty chubby cus i spoil her

She uselly gets off to eat for a bit but for the first time today she wouldn't getoff to eat i even went over to her waving at her and she ignored me xD idk when she starting sitting since i didn't see the nest at all. Dose this mean the eggs are close to hatching? How long should i wait before i start worrying about her eating? She pretty chubby cus i spoil her
We always have brooding hens, it's really common in our pen. When we have a broody hen and they don't get off to eat it usually means they are determined to hatch the eggs, I always think it's best to seperate the hen and her eggs from the other chooks so she can relax more, but this should be done before she becomes determined. If she doesn't get off to eat put a contain of food and water close to her so she doesn't have to leave very far to get her vital energy.

Back
Top Bottom