Broody duck

MamaGilf

Hatching
Jul 31, 2023
I have a Swedish Blue who has decided to lay on her egg. She hisses anytime we get close to her. I don’t have an issue with her keeping the eggs however the nest that she’s laying them in is outside. Is it okay to move her eggs? Her nest is between two trees. We could fence off the area and cover it. Would that be better than moving them? Thank you

I have a Swedish Blue who has decided to lay on her egg. She hisses anytime we get close to her. I don’t have an issue with her keeping the eggs however the nest that she’s laying them in is outside. Is it okay to move her eggs? Her nest is between two trees. We could fence off the area and cover it. Would that be better than moving them? Thank you
IMG_8116.jpeg
Here is a picture of her in her nest

I don’t have experience with broody, nests and hatching, but I wanted to say Oh, she’s beautiful and she picked such a lovely nature spot! I’ve heard of people moving nests and moms. I guess it depends on the safety of the spot and will it be OK for the ducklings there when they do hatch? I am certain someone with experience in this area will come on soon and give you better advice.

Back
Top Bottom