Broody flock issue

Cogburn123

Chirping
May 27, 2023
Hi, i had a hen go broody about 2 weeks ago, i broke her 4 days ago but before i did , she had triggered about 4 other hens to join her in the laying box. ( im a new chicken owner and didn’t realize what was going on at first). Then all 11 hens stopped laying. I locked them out of the laying box for 3 days and they all seem to be back to normal but non are laying. I don’t understand why the others aren’t still laying and how long until they start laying again. Thanks for help!!

No, ive checked and the hole flock is in the roost every night and i just opened up the herb garden area a few days ago. There is no where to hide in the first section of the run

Its hard to believe they all stopped laying at the same time. Crazy
If half the flock was broody, the disruption on normal behavior could've possibly upset the others enough to stop them from laying, though those birds should resume laying much sooner once things were back to normal.

If half the flock was broody, the disruption on normal behavior could've possibly upset the others enough to stop them from laying, though those birds should resume laying much sooner once things were back to normal.
I hope so, its strange, i hear them carrying on with their egg laying songs and clucks but but no eggs. Ive even been out there when one starts up with the (i just layed an egg song) nothing there lol.

Back
Top Bottom