Broody has broken egg open and chick inside is breathing

have been sitting with her for a few hours now, started by pecking with my finger and clicking as suggested 😊 this worked and she ate off my finger, then she seemed really interested in the other chicks so I decided to lift her over and watch what happened. She’s been in there for half an hour now and is eating and drinking with them and pecking the ground. She’s still a little weak and slow and is getting pushed around as they are VERY energetic. But she’s doing well! I think she’s ready for a nap though. Not sure whether to lift her back out or just let her learn to sleep in amongst the chaos so she’s not an outcast.. actually they are currently fighting about something one of them has found in the food so I lifted her out. Will give her a little break for now. Yay! She’s eating and acting like a chicken 😊
This is so great! I might start doing these mini hangouts while you can be there to watch. Then eventually remove the divider so she can spend all her time with them when she gets all her strength back.
What a great report!

have been sitting with her for a few hours now, started by pecking with my finger and clicking as suggested 😊 this worked and she ate off my finger, then she seemed really interested in the other chicks so I decided to lift her over and watch what happened. She’s been in there for half an hour now and is eating and drinking with them and pecking the ground. She’s still a little weak and slow and is getting pushed around as they are VERY energetic. But she’s doing well! I think she’s ready for a nap though. Not sure whether to lift her back out or just let her learn to sleep in amongst the chaos so she’s not an outcast.. actually they are currently fighting about something one of them has found in the food so I lifted her out. Will give her a little break for now. Yay! She’s eating and acting like a chicken 😊
Awesome! I read through the comments and you did what I was going to suggest: make a mash, clucking noises, and put her with the others for a spell.

Once she is eating she will gain strength fast, and being with the others she will learn chicken things.

Sounds promising!

Hope slept in with the group last noght, I’ve taken the divider down now. She still stands off to the side a bit looking tired but she might just want to be under the heat lamp and also still obviously doesn’t have her strength completely which is understandable. Everyone seems accepting of her though. So now I guess only time will tell what is going to be. The only thing holding her back now that I can see would be a genetic problem or like, being under developed from her early hatch. She sure is cute though and if she makes it to be a grown up chicken no doubt she will always be my favourite. 😊

Hope slept in with the group last noght, I’ve taken the divider down now. She still stands off to the side a bit looking tired but she might just want to be under the heat lamp and also still obviously doesn’t have her strength completely which is understandable. Everyone seems accepting of her though. So now I guess only time will tell what is going to be. The only thing holding her back now that I can see would be a genetic problem or like, being under developed from her early hatch. She sure is cute though and if she makes it to be a grown up chicken no doubt she will always be my favourite. 😊
This is good to hear. Its so great that she has a little flock to keep her company. 💕
Keep up the vitamin water, what vitamins are you feeding exactly? B complex? Nutri-drench? Hopefully she'll continue to improve as she gets older. You have done an amazing job getting her to this point. You deserve a huge pat on the back, fabulous job!

That's great! Just keep an eye on her, make sure she is drinking and eating and pooping 🤗.

Hopefully In a few weeks she will be a thriving naughty Chickie getting into everything!

How is Hope doing? ^^
Hope is still doing well, I didn’t worry about her at all yesterday. Woke up this morning to a pasty butt though so just cleaned that off and now am worried she could have gotten a chill. I only had her out for maybe two minutes but had to soak her bottom to get it off. I towel dried her off and put her back under the heat lamp with slightly damp bottom feathers. I’ve just been googling this for the last half hour and wondering if I should have gotten out the hair dryer. It’s 95 under her heat lamp and the air temp is probably about 85. She’s up running around drinking with the others so hoping that means she’s happy enough. She looks dry again now that I’m looking at her.
Other than that, she’s doing great, catching up in size to the others, there are two silkies in with her so she is as big as them even though they are a week older. I can tell she’s made friends with one of them. All the chicks cry at bed time until I come and sing them a song and then they all pile up as close as they can get to my side of the cage and stare at me singing until they fall asleep. They all let me put my hand in and give them little scratches this morning without running away. I think I’m their mama. 😂
How is Hope doing? ^^

Hope is still doing well, I didn’t worry about her at all yesterday. Woke up this morning to a pasty butt though so just cleaned that off and now am worried she could have gotten a chill. I only had her out for maybe two minutes but had to soak her bottom to get it off. I towel dried her off and put her back under the heat lamp with slightly damp bottom feathers. I’ve just been googling this for the last half hour and wondering if I should have gotten out the hair dryer. It’s 95 under her heat lamp and the air temp is probably about 85. She’s up running around drinking with the others so hoping that means she’s happy enough. She looks dry again now that I’m looking at her.
Other than that, she’s doing great, catching up in size to the others, there are two silkies in with her so she is as big as them even though they are a week older. I can tell she’s made friends with one of them. All the chicks cry at bed time until I come and sing them a song and then they all pile up as close as they can get to my side of the cage and stare at me singing until they fall asleep. They all let me put my hand in and give them little scratches this morning without running away. I think I’m their mama. 😂
Awesome 👍

I agree they are printed on you for sure 🤗

Back
Top Bottom