Broody Hatchalong!

Pics
Do you have any pics of your Australorp? I just ordered some blue Australorp eggs
Please post pictures of Blue Aussies... 11-15 weeks before my chicks will be ready.

I'm hoping I can talk to the breeder and get 1 cockerel and 4 pullets, even though I ordered 5 pullets on her site. I would LOVE to have all Aussie (I have 3 black ones) and just perpetuate my flock.

My current cockerel is a BO, and a bit of a jerk. I thought it would be fun to have a BO over BA cross (if one of the girls went broody), but not now, because he's getting to be more and more of an a**hole.

Does anyones chickens lay WAY later in the day that you might expect. I always expect my chicken to lay by like 10:00 but they are only done by 2:00-3:00
Yes! Sometimes I'll go out at 4 pm and ive got a gal on her nest! I check around noon and again around 5 if I am an egg or two short. My ducks and chickens all give an egg a day.

Just candled my eggs real quick, another died. Probably should have started with more eggs. Just down to two:(. I got my incubator on amazon but it is kind of shady. It has now disappeared from amazon and there is no brand name anywhere. And the temperature can't stay steady.

Now I have the NR 360 so next time I will definitely use that.

Just candled my eggs real quick, another died. Probably should have started with more eggs. Just down to two:(. I got my incubator on amazon but it is kind of shady. It has now disappeared from amazon and there is no brand name anywhere. And the temperature can't stay steady.

Oh, that's too bad.
My last two are from my Jersey Giant/BCM hen and Im 75% sure my other one is from my BSL or my Black Australorp. All with my Blue Copper Maran rooster. I hope the BSL egg turns out more like my rooster 😂 (he's a sweet rooster)
Well, good luck! My rooster is nice too. He's a Black Australorp.

I'm sorry.
If you have the NR, why don't you just move the eggs to it? I would.

Back
Top Bottom