Broody hen and eggs: Hatching journal! *UPDATE: PICS! 3 HATCHED!!!*

Quote:
Can anyone answer these questions? Please?
fl.gif
smile.png

Quote:
fl.gif
smile.png

I would just leave them, no need to disturb mom if you don't have to. Also, don't worry about the turning, mom's know what to do. No better incubator than the real thing.

Quote:
fl.gif
smile.png

I would just leave them, no need to disturb mom if you don't have to. Also, don't worry about the turning, mom's know what to do. No better incubator than the real thing.

OK thanks! But what if the non-fertile ones are rotten and they explode???

hoping someone can answer a ? here for me rather than starting a new topic. i am at day 7 with a few of my eggs and i am still seeing just a dark mass. do u think i could still end up with some chicks

Quote:

OK thanks! But what if the non-fertile ones are rotten and they explode???

If they don't smell like rotten eggs (or worse) it will be ok to leave them. And don't worry about mom shifting or changing position during the last few days. I know mine did and she is hatching out just fine.

Today is day 20-21! Hatching Day is here!!!!!(or maybe it will be tomorrow if my inference on the day they are on is a bit off?)
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
pop.gif
Although I hope I'm not right about the days, because I really want to see these eggs hatch! But if they hatch this week, I won't be able to because I'm at my mom's house and school.
sad.png

Not sure how the eggs are right now. Broody hen is still on them. I don't even know if any have pipped yet!
idunno.gif
he.gif
Hopefully momma hen is taking good care of them.
fl.gif

Hatching day is arriving and I'm hoping to see the eggs this weekend! That is, if my mom says we can go to see them this weekend.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
This is suppose to be "her weekend with us", but I really hope she lets us go to dad's house to see the chicks! It is, after all, a very special occasion...well, to me anyway! LOL my mom isn't that interested in chickens or anything.
roll.png

So I'm
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
that she says we can take an extra weekend to see the new fuzzy butts! It would be like torture to know that they hatched and then have to wait all the rest of the week and the weekend AND the rest of next week...until Wednesday, when school is over.
wee.gif

So far, we are just waiting for those chicks to decide when they want to hatch!
he.gif
roll.png

Keep your fingers crossed that all 4 make it!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

6-9-09
Day 21-22
HATCH DAY!!!
fl.gif
wee.gif

*Today is day 21-22 and I'm not sure if there are any pips or hatches yet. It's torture!
th.gif
lol.png
I'm going to try and talk my dad into searching through the eggs for pips.
tongue.png
Or at least checking for any pips or maybe even baby chicks!
fl.gif
ya.gif

I'm going to call him and ask him how they are doing in a second...be back later for updates.
frow.gif

6-10-09
Day 22-23?

OK so far I haven't heard anything, but dad has not checked on broody hen today. I think I may be a bit off now with what day they are on...I think they are a bit younger than I thought maybe? Maybe today is day 20-21?
idunno.gif
Just waiting for any good news right now...
fl.gif

Keep your fingers crossed for all of them to hatch! Been waiting almost 10 months for this!
th.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom