Broody hen losing eggs?

Egg Nog

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2021
my broody hen has lost 2 of her 3 eggs, any ideas what happened to the eggs? Has she been eating them? She seems overprotective of them, though. Is something eating her eggs? I have given her food and water every day, (or once every other day). What should I do?

yes, i would rather not keep her in a enclosed space, so she can hop up and go get water in food whenever.

yes, i would rather not keep her in a enclosed space, so she can hop up and go get water in food whenever.
If you do not separate her from the others, it is impossible to ensure the safety of the eggs. Been there. Done that. Twice. It doesn't work.

If there is room inside the coop to section of a small corner for her, use a small shoebox for her nest, provide a chick-size feed and waterer, she will accept the nest quickly. Feel free to remove her once a day and put her with her flockmates, after 10-15 minutes she will come back and be ready to sit on her nest. Help her into her nest then leave her alone.

She's been sitting there for about a week, I justed moved her to a enclosed space with her last egg. thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom