Broody Hen. Please need information

Thanks for the encouraging words jen4. I hope she does well.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW FUZZY BUTTS! They are beautiful aren't they. I love to watch them peek out from under Mom and then hide again.

Awww your welcome and thanks too, I love watching the chickies with their momma... also for me I think its best to let Momma keep her chickies and take care of them, as long as shes a good momma
smile.png
going to keep watching your thread, cant wait to see your baby chickies!
pop.gif

Jen4 I agree the girls just seem to know what to do & they do it. The chicks listen to them better than most kids listen to human parents too, I swear my own didn't. LOL It's been pretty chilly here in North NJ I would not *ever* have let out the group of chicks I have in my family room into the yard & yet some how I feel SO GUILTY because the group of chicks that are w/the hen in the yard they are out & about all day & the chicks inside miss it allllll... But I've seen this hen gather them all up & they hunker down under her when they get cold or if there's a threat about in the yard. There's nothing like a momma w/her chicks.

10099_img_3483.jpg

Mom2Cool - Exactly. I was just saying the same thing to my husband today while we were outside with the chickens and letting Momma walk around the yard with her babies (we have to watch them cause we have an outside cat). This spring we are going to add on to the chicken run and make safe place for the Mommas and their babies. I was telling Dh how funny it is that when we got our 1st chickies last spring how we worried over everything... are they cold, to hot, pasty butt, feed them this, dont feed them that... you get the pic. but when they are with momma they are fine, she know what to feed them... they are right there beside her digging/eating bugs, worms, dirt, rocks, grass... all the good stuff. If they get cold under momma they go, its nice to enjoy watching them without all the fuss.

Your Momma and chickies are sooo cute.

Back
Top Bottom