Broody Hen Thread!

1 egg has hatched and the other is peeping too! What a surprise to wake up to.
YAY!
yippiechickie.gif

My eggs are at day 7 and I candled them. Don't know what I am doing but I tried anyway. A couple of eggs had some vein development in a fairly clear blob. I am hopeful with these. Some had what looked like a dark pool at the low side of the egg and clear above when the egg is rotated. These I am doubtful about. Others I really couldn't see much at all due to dark brown and green shells. Guess I'll just have to wait it out!
idunno.gif

My eggs are at day 7 and I candled them. Don't know what I am doing but I tried anyway. A couple of eggs had some vein development in a fairly clear blob. I am hopeful with these. Some had what looked like a dark pool at the low side of the egg and clear above when the egg is rotated. These I am doubtful about. Others I really couldn't see much at all due to dark brown and green shells. Guess I'll just have to wait it out!
idunno.gif

Sounds like a good assessment...2 clearly viable, 2 very doubtful (that shadow on the bottom that moves is usually a dud)...and those you can't tell....try a brighter flash light, that might help.

But hey...you know you've got at least 2
big_smile.png
....and likely more.

Lady of McCamley

Back
Top Bottom