Broody Hen Thread!

Thats funny so I will work on that.

It really is funny lol.

Trust me I have several eggs in my nests. I clear them out every other day leaving behind 4 in each nest. I have 28 hens some arent fully matured but at the least I get maybe 18 eggs a day or so. Its overwhelming but atleast my family eats them. Im allergic unfortuately but I just love the colors and trying to figure out what type of chick will come out.

Some chickens just don't go broody. Depends on the breed and the individual chicken. My previous layers never went broody. Didn't even pretend for a day or two. That's why I got the silkies and showgirls. They are loving going broody.

I had a great hatch with my broody Speckled Sussex hen. She sat on 8 BBS self blue Ameracauna eggs and hatched 6. One chick died, but it was a very small chick. I was so pleased with her. She is such a great mama!

I probably shouldn't have, but I just moved her to the side. She is very protective

She is yours---I would have just broke your arm if you were at my house and did that---LOL. Naw, but I would be Very Upset.

That's how the hen increases the moisture for the hatch---removing her looses a lot of that moisture----which could effect your hatch. Good Luck

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom