Broody hen with Marek hatched. Help needed.

@SarahGfa thanks for being positive! That whole flock has been infected with Marek and most died. She was broody and healthy but got infected while broody, I think from the rooster who goes around during the day but sleeps with her in the nest at night (they are Silkies). I am still tube feeding her, the chicks are moving around now. The rooster has no symptoms and I think he will survive Marek.

Attachments

• IMG_20201223_222215.jpg
    IMG_20201223_222215.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 5
@SarahGfa thanks for being positive! That whole flock has been infected with Marek and most died. She was broody and healthy but got infected while broody, I think from the rooster who goes around during the day but sleeps with her in the nest at night (they are Silkies). I am still tube feeding her, the chicks are moving around now. The rooster has no symptoms and I think he will survive Marek.
Can she eat if the food is right in front of her? I had Marek's birds before, but they could eat even if they couldn't stand or walk.

Here is an update... Mother hen is still being tube-fed. She barely walks from weakness. She has difficulty breathing and only eats youghurt by herself. I give them vitamins, fruits and cucumber + starter. Any suggestions for food are welcomed. Chicks so far ok. I take them outside for about an hour each day, otherwise they stay inside the house. Dad was returned back to the flock as I didn't like being woken up at 4am by his crowing in the house.

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_103310.jpg
    IMG_20210107_103310.jpg
    916.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom