Broody hen

shnumbles

Hatching
May 13, 2022
Hi all and thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Our hen is broody and successfully hatched babies last year. She went broody about 2 days ago and I’m waiting on fertile eggs to come in the mail and stick under her. I’m just worried they won’t arrive for 3 to 5 days. Is it okay to still put eggs under her if she has to sit on them longer than 21 days?

Hi all and thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Our hen is broody and successfully hatched babies last year. She went broody about 2 days ago and I’m waiting on fertile eggs to come in the mail and stick under her. I’m just worried they won’t arrive for 3 to 5 days. Is it okay to still put eggs under her if she has to sit on them longer than 21 days?
my girl was broody for about a week before eggs came. I was planning to hatch her eggs in an incubator and was collecting them. got 3 and she went broody the day she laid her 3rd one... so no more eggs. So then I got some on ebay since I only had 3 eggs and had to wait for them to come, them let them sit for a day... She did great!

my girl was broody for about a week before eggs came. I was planning to hatch her eggs in an incubator and was collecting them. got 3 and she went broody the day she laid her 3rd one... so no more eggs. So then I got some on ebay since I only had 3 eggs and had to wait for them to come, them let them sit for a day... She did great!
Thank you so much I’m so happy to hear this!

Back
Top Bottom