Broody hens hatching 6/22, 6/26, 7/3, 7/6, 7/11 Any one due w/ us

Quote:
Congratulations! Looks like the hatches are doing much better.
Here's a helpful discussion link on breeding bars.
http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?t=363&highlight=legbars
They are discussing the Legbar but I think it's the same for the Welbar.
Breed the "black" barred roos back to pure Welsummer hens then breed the barred brown hens to barred brown roos (cull all blacks and unbarred browns). The barred brown pullets and the "Pure" barred brown roo offspring from these will be Welbars (I think).
Hope you find the info helpful.
I'll be using the chicks I hatched from your eggs for my next breeding as well. Keep in touch and let me now how it goes.

Ooooohh, BLUE Lakenvelders? Those would be awesome! I can't wait to read more about how that project turns out (and of course buy some of those hatching eggs next spring, too!).

Candled my eggs tonight -- out of 12, I have 3 clear
sad.png
, 3 with obvious movement
big_smile.png
. Two appear to have blood rings but it's only day 8 so I'll check again in two days. The rest are too dark -- it's just impossible to see anything with my little flashlight.

fl.gif
for another good hatch! The Amazing Oklahoma Eight are two weeks old tomorrow and doing well, and the hatchery chicks are 4+ weeks and feathering out nicely -- seems like only one roo slipped into the box -- hubby has named him "Supper."
lau.gif
This is just too, too, too much fun.

Hey okiehen, this is Cindy in Tuttle, I've got chicks. Only 20 days today. But its been so hot. Some days she was almost up off of them and I was worried. Guess she knew what she was doing.I was looking for them tomorrow but came home and heard cheeping. Only saw 3 so far. At least one pullet and one roo. Thought I would let you know.

These are from okiehens ws x Br and are black sex-links. Yea!!! I am excited now. Can't wait for her to get up so I can see what is under her. Thanks again. Will post pics when I can so you can see them.

Quote:
Thats great Cindy, your hen done wonderful 20 days is right on for most of my hens. Give her time she will take her walk when she knows they are all done. Cant wait to see the pictures and if you get and chipmunk colored one.

Okay, I'm insane. I have a broody, it's her first time, so she botched it and had one good egg. So I visited a friend today who had a few serama eggs.... So the broody has new eggs. Let's see if she handles it better when they're smaller and she's had 10 days of practice.

And we're counting.... 0.....

Okiehen, So far I have seen 5 boys and 3 girls. No chipmonk colored ones yet. The boys all have a white dot on their heads and yellow legs with some black. Girls are all black except maybe a yellow bit on their little butts. They are so cute. I can't stay away. I am still waiting for her to get up. How long does this usually take till she decides they are done?

Thanks walkswithdog, She kinda stood up earlier and DS said he only saw one egg left and one baby just hatched, 24 hours after the first ones. Ah the waiting is slow!!!!!
barnie.gif

she did pretty good for a first time broody and not a year old yet. so far 6 boys and 4 girls.

Back
Top Bottom