Broody hens

Comeonbroodyhen

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Ontario Canada
I'm always
Looking in the pen and boxes for some broody gals but can't get any I have 2 black australorps a buff brahma hen and a buff brahma rooster :(any tips on what i can do about that all the hens are about 16 to 20 months old and they all lay 1 egg per day except in the winter. All hens and the rooster are (Bantems).

Maybe you could set up a sneaky spot or two .. I had an old milk crate in a coop and My First Broody Hen settled down behind it .. not in any of the normal boxes but on the floor .. Close to food and water . I think she felt safer there .. Just a thought .. I often think a Hen is going Broody and get all set up and next thing you know she loses interest .. But When they do its really quite amazing to see their dedication !
welcome-byc.gif
! Corinne

Sure, COBH, and a big welcome to the BYC gang to you! You're gonna LOVE this site and that I guarantee.

I've one Australorp that's gone broody. It is day 20 or 21 and I'm on pins and needles. It will be my first hatch ever. . . . . chickens will be one year old May 17th. Not expecting anyone to set eggs, I've got some chicks coming May 2. Sheesh!

You will quickly learn about chicken math. I fear I have a severe case.

Back
Top Bottom