Broody/incubator predicament

Courtkneekp

Chirping
Sep 23, 2020
Good evening all!

We have a broody hen 😬 and she’s been very persistent. The only issue is that some of the other hens laid eggs in her nest. She’s fully separated now, but that caused us to have eggs at different levels of development. So about a week ago, I went through every egg in her nest, and candled each one. I left her 8 of the most developed(they all appeared to be at the same stage). The remaining 12 went in the incubator, and we are now down to 6 🥺 trouble is, that from what I can tell they vary by a few days in development. Do I just leave the incubator running until they all hatch? The momma hen had one baby hatch this evening 🥰 picture included for adorableness

Attachments

• 90DE6219-2201-4B25-8ADE-E05873774EFB.jpeg
    90DE6219-2201-4B25-8ADE-E05873774EFB.jpeg
    417.1 KB · Views: 7
I think if they're in the incubator if you can cancel them and see if they're all ok I would keep them in.

I think if they're in the incubator if you can cancel them and see if they're all ok I would keep them in.
Yes, I’ve candled all of the ones in the incubator today, and got rid of the bad ones. I’m just worried because some appear to be around day 15 or so, while others are closer to 8-10.

You probably already know just leave them at 99.5 heat and humidity at 43 44. I'm going to find someone to help you out I did this only one time. But your are more far apart. I don't think you half to worry I will fit some one.😊

Back
Top Bottom