Broody Muscovy question

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Batty about Banties, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Batty about Banties

Batty about Banties Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Gorge
    My BF's favorite little hen is sitting on some eggs. He doesn't think she is safe where she is at. If we try moving her nest to a better location will she stop sitting on them?

2. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I've never been able to relocate a duck while she is sitting on eggs, moving her will most likely break her broodiness.

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Good luck if you do. My ducks moved if I even thought about disturbing them.

4. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Quote:I've successfully relocated a Muscovy hen who was a maniacal broody. I put her in her new nest box and blocked the exit for a couple of days... not ideal since I had some gross poop to contend with. But she stayed on the eggs. Might have been partly because the new nest was nice and dark and very quiet also.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I've successfully relocated a Muscovy hen who was a maniacal broody. I put her in her new nest box and blocked the exit for a couple of days... not ideal since I had some gross poop to contend with. But she stayed on the eggs. Might have been partly because the new nest was nice and dark and very quiet also.

X2 it can be done.

6. Batty about Banties

Batty about Banties Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Gorge
    We may try and move her cuz when I peeked at her yesterday the drake was trying to get friendly while she was sitting on her nest so....Hopefully it'll work out. Crossing my fingers! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by