Broody pullet: let her brood or break her?

What would you do?

• Let her brood

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Break her

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My first broody, I let her hatch some and she was easier to break from broodiness later.
But I have a new broody one who is very vocal when I open the coop door, she will be more challenging to break so I may not let her hatch any. For me it is too close to the snowy season (I probably just jinxed myself by using the s word), so I will have to break her for now.

Had my first broody this year. It was really cool to experience that. Then to watch momma hen teach the chicks, the kids enjoyed it. It is a bit late in the year but these birds are tougher than we give them credit for. Last year we had 4" of snow in october and it stayed cold. Tough call.

Had my first broody this year. It was really cool to experience that. Then to watch momma hen teach the chicks, the kids enjoyed it. It is a bit late in the year but these birds are tougher than we give them credit for. Last year we had 4" of snow in october and it stayed cold. Tough call.
Yes I love watching mama hens care of their chicks! And too true, I underestimate my flock greatly, they deserve more credit!

Back
Top Bottom