Broody question

Apyl

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 5, 2012
Necedah, Wi
Ok so I want to run a question by everyone. For the last week its been 70's and today is 82. I have a hen sitting on about 15 eggs in a pile of branches and brush. Well tomorrow is suppose to get down to the 30's overnight and will be in the 30's for the next few nights. I'm wondering if she will be able to keep the eggs warm at that temp or should I put her in a dog crate with her nest ? I really dont want to move her and risk her not wanting to go back on, but I 'd hate for the freezing temps to ruin the eggs she's on.

So, what would you do ?

Ok so I want to run a question by everyone. For the last week its been 70's and today is 82. I have a hen sitting on about 15 eggs in a pile of branches and brush. Well tomorrow is suppose to get down to the 30's overnight and will be in the 30's for the next few nights. I'm wondering if she will be able to keep the eggs warm at that temp or should I put her in a dog crate with her nest ? I really dont want to move her and risk her not wanting to go back on, but I 'd hate for the freezing temps to ruin the eggs she's on.

So, what would you do ?
I'd move her more for her own protection so she'll be around to hatch more eggs even if she leaves these. Just make sure to take as much as you can of her nest she has now. I moved my Muscovy after she was sitting and put her into a dog crate she was dedicated enough to stay.

Back
Top Bottom