Broody serama hen! Incubation process:

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MissMotherHen, Aug 13, 2016.

1. MissMotherHen

MissMotherHen Just Hatched

Aug 13, 2016
    Hello everyone! In this thread I am happy to share with BYC my serama hen who has started to sit on 7 eggs as of yesterday! And I'm going to be posting updates throughout the incubation process, and hopefully I will have baby serama chicks on August 30th. Comment with any tips, or questions that I may be able to answer! :)

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I'd suggest posting the story of your hatch on this forum - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16184/hatch-a-longs where you will find other members doing the same. Its a great opportunity to learn from others and share experiences.

All the best and good luck with your hatch!
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Can a broody serama cover 7 eggs?

My friend has 2 house seramas - middle aged. They pretend to go broody (no eggs) and kick the dog out of his bed. They don't take it seriously, they run out to eat, drink, socialize, watch tv, etc. then pretend to sit on invisible eggs.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello and :welcome. Great to have you in our community! :)

5. MissMotherHen

Aug 13, 2016

Hello! My Serama hen so far is doing quite well with sitting on 7 eggs. The eggs are fairly small... And if I try and stick my hand under her she puffs up 2 times her size and hisses at me[​IMG] have you ever tried putting decoy eggs in your seramas nesting box? That's how I had my hen go broody I left decoys eggs in the nesting box and with in 2 weeks she was sitting! [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. MissMotherHen

Aug 13, 2016

Thanks for the info, I'm new here so I'm still learning how everything works! :)

8. MissMotherHen

Aug 13, 2016
    Could someone please instruct me on how to post pictures with an iPhone 6s on the Mobile app? Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by