Broody serama hen! Incubation process:

MissMotherHen

In the Brooder
Aug 13, 2016
Hello everyone! In this thread I am happy to share with BYC my serama hen who has started to sit on 7 eggs as of yesterday! And I'm going to be posting updates throughout the incubation process, and hopefully I will have baby serama chicks on August 30th. Comment with any tips, or questions that I may be able to answer! :)

Can a broody serama cover 7 eggs?

My friend has 2 house seramas - middle aged. They pretend to go broody (no eggs) and kick the dog out of his bed. They don't take it seriously, they run out to eat, drink, socialize, watch tv, etc. then pretend to sit on invisible eggs.

Can a broody serama cover 7 eggs?

My friend has 2 house seramas - middle aged. They pretend to go broody (no eggs) and kick the dog out of his bed. They don't take it seriously, they run out to eat, drink, socialize, watch tv, etc. then pretend to sit on invisible eggs.

Hello! My Serama hen so far is doing quite well with sitting on 7 eggs. The eggs are fairly small... And if I try and stick my hand under her she puffs up 2 times her size and hisses at me
1f602.png
have you ever tried putting decoy eggs in your seramas nesting box? That's how I had my hen go broody I left decoys eggs in the nesting box and with in 2 weeks she was sitting!
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I'd suggest posting the story of your hatch on this forum - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16184/hatch-a-longs where you will find other members doing the same. Its a great opportunity to learn from others and share experiences.

All the best and good luck with your hatch!
CT

Thanks for the info, I'm new here so I'm still learning how everything works! :)

Back
Top Bottom