broody sexlink! YAY! its day 21!!! pics of the 4 chicks!

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Puff, a one year old Golden sexlink, has been sitting on a clutch of 14 eggs for 17 days! im so excited! they are all developing nicely and should be hatching any day!!
the eggs that are under her could be a mix of

GSL/EE OR GSL/ Silkie
EE/EE or Silkie/EE
Silkie/EE or Silkie/Silkie

i cant believe its time for her to start hatching!! GAH im so excited!

Last edited:
i will definatly post pics!!! im super excited, i was told that sexlinks never go broody and when they do the give up half way through! lol not puff she is determined!! and a bit cranky! lol i cant wait!!

Chicks011.jpg

Chicks010.jpg

Chicks008.jpg

Chicks005.jpg

Chicks003.jpg

Oh wow! I think it's pretty rare for a sex link to go broody....Congrats! Hope the hatch turns out great, and share pics if you can!

Sharon

I'm up with chicmom on that they are bred just to lay eggs is what I have been told good luck hope they all hatch and live! Good vibes
fl.gif

Having just sweated and bit my fingernails through my first broody's hatch, I know what you're going through! Day 17 is two-thirds of the way through... and so many eggs, too! (Mine only hatched one, so far... there might be another viable egg of the 3 she was incubating.)

I'm subscribing so I can see the chick pics, too. Way to go!

i got up this morning and hurried out to the coop! found a beautiful little golden Chick ( from a sexlink egg the one that pipped yesterday!!!) cheeks are puffy so im betting EE is the dad!! ill get pics as soon as i get the batteries to my camera charged!!! WOOTT!!!didnt see any more pips, but its hard to look when puff is trying to peck ur eyes out!

Back
Top Bottom