Broody sumatra... babies update4/18

I finally bought a new flashlight since my son keeps taking mine and then I can't find them I went out tonight and candled and saw movement and that all had developed unfortunately I didn't listen about marking the eggs
hide.gif
I thought they would leave her alone in the new nest she was in but there were 2 additional eggs I could tell one for sure was not as developed but not sure on the other and it was cold and I had no coat on and she was starting to peck me so just stopped. I haven't seperated her
hide.gif
doing that this weekend now that the monsoon hopefully is over and I have my dads 4 wheel drive pick up so I can get out there It was so freakin excitng I am just giddy. Also another note I was worried on sunday I went out to check after church and she was outside I was like
barnie.gif
so I went and felt eggs they weren't cold and when I went in she hoped right back into the nest. They should hatch sometime after next weekend I figured out a date for the original eggs and these are a week behind that

wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Well I moved her today into the end of the coop I did this at 430 I know I should have waited till dark but even with 4 wheel drive I don't want to mess around in the dark with the mud. I put her in she plopped right on the eggs and seemed fine and then 5 minutes later she freaked out and was calling and trying to get out and then eventually settled down on the eggs again. I hope she doesn't try to get out because this is not that secure she has food and water and her eggs I hope she adjusts the eggs should hatch right around my birthday on the 23 what a nice present it will be

OMG
ep.gif
she did it she did it went out before sunset and saw and egg shell and then lifted her up and there is the most adorable little fuzzy but. None of the others have pipped yet so who knows what else will happen.
jumpy.gif
ya.gif

uploading pics now

32511_1003200025.jpg

32511_1003200027.jpg

32511_1003200029.jpg

32511_1003200035.jpg

Last edited:
That is wonderful-I have heard Sumatras make good broodies and am hoping that my girl(Nancy) will go broody for me someday soon.
Aren't the Sumatras beautiful!

I think the chick is an andalusian cuckoo maran by ruling out no tophat and I don't think it had feathered legs

oops my bad it does have feathered legs and I forgot to check the two today. They belong to my silver phoenix and are so tiny

Daddy options are Cuckoo Maran, Black Langshan, Blue Cochin and I doubt the Golden Polish

Last edited:
2 more hatched this morning not even completely fluffed up when I went out look to be the same coloring as the first but need to check which eggs they came out of
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom