Broody sumatra... babies update4/18

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Moving her by herself I think would be a good idea. That way she can't get into the wrong nest!! Oh, no!!! Sure hope your eggs didn't die!! How long was she off them?

I don't know it may have been a while it is so muddy I can't get out there in afternoon​

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Well you might want to candle her eggs and see if the chicks are alive or dead. Then if they are dead then you'll have to put some more eggs under her.

the eggs are from Tue/Wed would I see anything I have never candled​

Quote:
the eggs are from Tue/Wed would I see anything I have never candled

Awsome can't wait. Here is how you candle eggs: you get a flash-light and then you go into dark room and you hold the egg up to the light and if there is a live baby chick in there then you'll see it move most likely!!! Good Luck.
big_smile.png

well she did it again someone laid an egg the nest below her and she was there tonight when I checked. Wish it wasn't so dad blasted muddy so I could get out there more often but i Have almost got my van stuck several times freeze thaw freeze thaw and I have guys cutting wood out there and the guy who is putting the siding on the building it is a muddy mess my son got stuck out there yesterday. I will see about finishing off getting her sectioned off and then give her some eggs where she can't get confused

Well sure hope the mud drys up so you can get out there.
hmm.png
Be sure and mark the eggs you give her with something so if she or another hen lays an egg under her you can get it out! Good Luck!

Well she has stayed in the new nest since Sunday with out getting in the wrong one and has 4 eggs under her so we will see if she can keep finding the right one after she gets off. I have a small bowl of food with her but not water she has not eaten much from it though. And no the mud is not drying up I got my van stuck out there last night when I went to shut the screen room door waited till 930 so the ground wouldn't be so soft but heat from engine must have been enough to get my front wheeled drive van to sink this sucks.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Well, I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for the mud to dry up ...
fl.gif

Sounds like your hen is gonna hatch out some babies!!!!
big_smile.png

It is on the verge of drying out some places but now it to rain maybe fri and sat and then monday
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom