Brooksville, Fl - Tractor Supply - Pet days and BYC Swap - Sat Aug 6th

Mr_fixit_77

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 27, 2009
Brooksville, fl
------ BROOKSVILLE, FLORIDA - SATURDAY AUGUST 6TH ------ 9AM - 2PM -------

Come join a local swap between Tampa and Ocala at the Brooksville Tractor supply store, 18741 Cortez Blvd. Brooksville, fl 34601. Please let me know if you are interested in attending and what you might bring so we can compile a list for the store as well as other people here on the board. The store is passing out flyers so it should be a good day. Please bring tents for shade as they have limited shade there.

The store is located on the 50 bypass, approx 12 miles from I-75 and Cortez Blvd (Hwy 50)- Exit 301, 5 miles from the suncoast parkway – Exit 46, Other options include coming from US-41 or US-98. SEE MAP BELOW

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you there. You can contact me with questions 813-781-0569, please be sure to leave a message and I'll get back with you.

Matthew

What people are bringing:

ANIMALS:
A.T. Hagan - White Midget Turkeys and Table Roosters
Mr_Fixit (Matthew)- Coco Maran cross Hens, Black Australorp Hens, Mixed CoCo Maran and Copper Maran Roosters
The Juan-n-only - OE - 10 Weeks old and EE - 7 Weeks old - (Contact if interested see his information on 2nd page)
Freckle Face Farm (Dawn) - Silkie Chicks and Black Copper Marans

COOPS and OTHER ITEMS:
Mr_Fixit - Chicken tractor, Chicken coop and Bat Houses

45053_back_yard_chickens_brooksville_fl.jpg

45053_tsc_map.jpg

Last edited:
I might have some CoCo maran cross hens (currently laying), Some pure black australorp hens (some are laying), a mix of rooster crosses. Our cross breads are fast growers and early layers, we have a mixture of Coco Maran, Copper Maran, Black Australorp and Buff Orpingtons . These are great if you are just looking for egg layers and meat birds.

I should have some coops, bat houses and nest boxes at the swap/ sale:

Here are some pictures of what I might have at the swap:

45053_img_1302.jpg

45053_img_1306.jpg

45053_dec_13_160.jpg

Here are my single nest boxes, they are 3/8 plywood (3ply) put together with brads and construction adhesive. They also have a linoleum floor covering for east cleaning.
45053_100_6503.jpg

Single chamber bat houses are built to UF publication WEC246 Effective bat houses for Florida, the 4 chamber will be built to the same standard, but I do not have pictures of those yet. They are built with 3/8" plywood (3ply), groves cut every 1/2" o.c., the interior is finished in a dark stain, secured with screws and construction adhesive. The exterior has been caulked, painted with 1 cost of oil based primer and 1 coat of light gray exterior oil based paint.
45053_img_1398.jpg

45053_img_1410.jpg

45053_img_1411.jpg

If you are interested in a coop before the swap, send me a message or look me up on Tampabay craigslist

Me and hubby will be there- Our First time attending a Chicken swap...
is it common to see other livestock for sale at these swaps??
I am also bringing my very good friend from tampa with us (shes not a chicken lover like me , but i think she will have fun)
I'm hoping it will be as big and fantastic as i am picturing it to be!
has anyone been to a swap at b'ville TSC before?? how was it? any pics posted of past swaps would be great!

Back
Top Bottom