broomstick method on a large rooster

Fluffy_Feathers

Songster
6 Years
Jul 6, 2017
Missouri
Hello. I need to cull my rooster due to injury. I've only done this once, with a hen which went well. Broomstick is my chosen method, but I am nervous about doing my rooster. I've read that a rooster is tougher than a hen and may require more force. I need to know how much force is needed in relation to a hen. is it a lot different? my rooster is a BO and even for a BO he's rather on the large side. Thank you for any input.

Sorry if this isn't in the right spot. i figure injury and culling are around the same topic

Edit: nevermind I did it. For furture reference, it is a little bit harder than a hen

Last edited:
Hello. I need to cull my rooster due to injury. I've only done this once, with a hen which went well. Broomstick is my chosen method, but I am nervous about doing my rooster. I've read that a rooster is tougher than a hen and may require more force. I need to know how much force is needed in relation to a hen. is it a lot different? my rooster is a BO and even for a BO he's rather on the large side. Thank you for any input.

Sorry if this isn't in the right spot. i figure injury and culling are around the same topic

Edit: nevermind I did it. For furture reference, it is a little bit harder than a hen
I'm sorry to hear about your rooster. :(

You are right, culling a large rooster using the broomstick method is a bit harder than it is with a hen.

Back
Top Bottom