Brought Home the new babies :: New Pictures Pg 3

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
well some of you might remeber the thread i posted about the fair ducklings. Well i called the guy and he said that out of 20 ,ten had new homes and i was welcome to the rest!!

Well... I GOTS THEM! I got all ten that were left.

29nbejc.jpg

iontk5.jpg

2hnvqdi.jpg

2ngxylu.jpg

28b9qiv.jpg

Last edited:
Ill go get pics in a sec but guess what?! I got TEN instead of 6!!!!!!!!!! They are extremely docile. I mean they are almost TOO docile. They dont even get up that much, just sit around. Ill get some pictures of them in their temp pen and then tomorrow ill get some of them in the grass.

Ok yall, Im a little worried. They are about three weeks old and they arent being as active as is healthy. They have been in a pen that is 75% water and the rest was fake rock and like a blue tarp liner.

I think something is wrong with their feet / knees. Could it just be that they havent had room to walk or???

woot.gif
Congrats, Goat-walker!
You might want to give them either Avia Charge or vitamins in their water for awhile and keep an eye on them. It could be they haven't had the proper feed & then again it could be that they just haven't had the opportunity to run around so are not used to it. Note: Another thread was comparing French white Muscovy, bought at a hatchery, which are bred to grow up to 12lbs in 12 weeks for meat to our slower maturing Scovies and they found that the French whites were a lot less active. Think Cornish X meat birds to regular dual purpose. IF these are French white Scovies, their natural tendancy will be to move less to conserve energy and so grow bigger faster.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are sooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats and good luck. and btw is that blood on those two chicks backs? they don't even care about the dog haha I love them so cute! good luck! congrats adorable!

Back
Top Bottom