Brown bear. Is it a problem?

Purelychicks

Songster
Nov 15, 2022
Arkansas
He hangs in the vicinity of the coop, but not super close, and is timid. Should I be worried? I have chicken wire on the coop now, but can’t really afford hardware cloth. Best pic I have

Attachments

• 273AC516-CF33-4193-B602-94A8CDE367D9.jpeg
    273AC516-CF33-4193-B602-94A8CDE367D9.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 168
lol hardware cloth. Jurassic park electric fence asap.
Okay 👍 is it a problem that my chickens free range during day time? Most of them are leghorns and are quite flighty. They have escaped from racoons, foxes, coyotes, etc. first bear I’ve seen and I’ve lived here for a long time. I do live near a state park though, so makes sense

He hangs in the vicinity of the coop, but not super close, and is timid. Should I be worried? I have chicken wire on the coop now, but can’t really afford hardware cloth. Best pic I have
Yikes 😬 I’d be worried! I know my chickens can move faster than I can, so I’d be dinner before them.

I am not sure about anything electrified, do you have neighbors that have chickens?

I would be worried. Even if he doesn’t seem to be bothering them now, if he decides he’s hungry he likely won’t hesitate. I would put up electric fence around the coop, with a good shock on it.
and bait it with raw bacon strips. One sniff or lick and ZAP. He will not return soon

Back
Top Bottom