Brown Leghorn/Silver Wyandotte cross?

sekeyslaks

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 25, 2014
I was wondering if anyone has pictures of a cross between a Brown Leghorn rooster and a Silver Laced Wyandotte hen?I was just playing around with the chicken calculator and I thinks the results look pretty but I would love to see real-life pictures for my own research!:)

The chicks would technically be red sexlinks, though the differences between male and female chicks might not be very obvious until they begin to feather in.
Male chicks will be black and white. Female chicks will be golden/red with black patterning. There will likely be about a 50/50 split between laced chicks and partridge-type patterning.

The chicks would technically be red sexlinks, though the differences between male and female chicks might not be very obvious until they begin to feather in.
Male chicks will be black and white. Female chicks will be golden/red with black patterning. There will likely be about a 50/50 split between laced chicks and partridge-type patterning.

Wow I knew that a gold male and silver hen made sex-links but I didn't think a leghorn had that much gold to make one with!That's very interesting..

All chickens are either red/gold base color or silver base color. A Brown Leghorn is a red/gold bird with black partridge-type patterning. A Silver Laced Wyandotte is a silver bird with black lacing pattern. The pattern genes don't matter, only the base color.

All chickens are either red/gold base color or silver base color. A Brown Leghorn is a red/gold bird with black partridge-type patterning. A Silver Laced Wyandotte is a silver bird with black lacing pattern. The pattern genes don't matter, only the base color.
X2 on both of junebuggena's posts.

Back
Top Bottom