Brown Leghorns on the West Coast

Michael Apple

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Northern California
Does anyone have any Brown leghorns from Don Montgomery in Washington state? If so I'd like to hear about them, or others those experienced with Brown Leghorns have. I'm considering some SC Brown Leghorns this Spring. I'm not interested in birds that win shows because a judge sees nice plumage and ignores body structure. They have to lay more eggs, which is what they are supposed to do. Thank you.

Does anyone have any Brown leghorns from Don Montgomery in Washington state? If so I'd like to hear about them, or others those experienced with Brown Leghorns have. I'm considering some SC Brown Leghorns this Spring. I'm not interested in birds that win shows because a judge sees nice plumage and ignores body structure. They have to lay more eggs, which is what they are supposed to do. Thank you.

Your conception of shows is completely invalid and uninformed. Body is more important than just feathers...try reading the standard instead of putting down something you don't understand.

To actually answer your question, Don has had his Light Brown Leghorns for a very long time, they are excellent birds, they definitely have the size, body conformation and type they should. You won't find better on the west coast for sure.

Your conception of shows is completely invalid and uninformed. Body is more important than just feathers...try reading the standard instead of putting down something you don't understand.

To actually answer your question, Don has had his Light Brown Leghorns for a very long time, they are excellent birds, they definitely have the size, body conformation and type they should. You won't find better on the west coast for sure.

My conception of shows is based upon some of the garbage I've seen win awards, so I do understand. My question has already been answered outside the forum, so this thread serves no purpose anymore.

Back
Top Bottom