BRRODY HEN

my main concern is what do i do with her tonight, where do i put the cage>>>to keep her protected

It sounds like your coop isn't big enough for that cage and you don't consider your run predator proof. That is an issue. I don't know what your options are, any other outbuildings or maybe in the garage? She will poop so at least but some cardboard, plastic, or similar under the cage for easy clean-up.
thanks for your help

both she and my silkie hen do not roost, they sleep on another part of the coop opposide the nesting box, but the frizzle has been sleeping in the nesting box..i have since removed her from the coop and put her in a dog cage elevated off the ground on my porch with feed and water only, i feel so sad to do this to her, but the eggs she wants to sit on are not fertile as i have no rooster in that coop....my main concern is what do i do with her tonight, where do i put the cage>>>to keep her protected
well a sleepless nite and i have a friend who has lots of silkies..i went to see her this morning and she gave me 2 silkie eggs that i put under my little frizzle,,,hope this makes her happy, i was so sad to see her unhappy..hope at least these eggs she is sitting on are at least fertile

Back
Top Bottom